Bioscopewala

For a non-artist like me, who sometimes feels too deeply, it is hard to find the right movie/play, given any mood/day. And with my lost hopes in Bollywood, I have gladly stopped giving it the undeserved attention. But art, must never go unnoticed. So must this movie. Bioscopewala and likewise. This post is small attempt at sharing what I felt, thereby hoping some of you watch it. While movies/art have always been considered as a medium to express one's voice against change or purely just expressing oneself, it is us audience who divided cinema into commercial and art, thus feeding the morons. 

------

I love it when some movies hit me and fill the heart. Unlike movies that are quite heavy on the emotions and try to make some sort of a deep impact, for me Bioscopewala was a dream - A simple, long dream that kept me smiling all throughout. Of a childhood so bright, running through streets, listening to stories; which is so normal. Although fiction, I could easily sleep to the smiles on the kids' faces; they were real enough to make me a part of them. I made my own little memory there. 

For me, that was the beauty of the movie - memories. It filled me with the little things I never had. I cannot remember being told a story by anyone, at least with such fun. 
It might not be a movie for everyone, but it is for everyone. There was a lot more than just acting. To an extent, Rehmat Khan's humility does ache your heart while Rubi Basu's warmth makes up for it. And Minnie is YOU. Every detail, each character walked into their respective frames effortlessly. 

However, the icing on the cake for me is the title track by Mohan Kannan. The movie has just this one song and the moment it starts, you can feel your heart smile. 


It did tear me up a bit, something between feeling full and overwhelmed. Which got me thinking-

Does one ever feel full?
Full of/with anything?
Food, music, travel, memories, love - does it really fill you?
The void hurts and sometimes feeling complete feels scary. 
Are we then supposed to feel content because it makes living easier? Just so we can feel nirvana while alive? Or do we just be and make more memories?


Either ways, thank you, Bioscopewala. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Greetings!

Letters to Heaven #7

Man Against Nature..